MONTA VISTA ATHLETIC BOOSTERS (fact sheet)
- MV Athletic Boosters (MVAB) purpose is to raise funds to support the 24 athletics teams at Monta Vista High School.
- We take the burden of fundraising for all MVHS sports, asking families to donate $65.00 per student-athlete for each sport in which they participate each season.
- $40 of the $65 donation is returned directly to each team’s ASB account to support operating expenses for the season
- $25 goes towards the MVAB general fund and is used for various projects or purchases, per the Coaches’ requests (see "Funds Requests from Sports").
- MVAB offers online registration for student-athletes’ families. ONLINE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE for Winter sports now.
- MVAB offers other programs as described below to raise funds and support MVHS athletics
- The MVAB Board of Directors holds monthly Board meetings, generally, on the third Monday of the month, at 7pm in the MVHS library. Board meetings are open to all MVAB member families and we encourage you to come and see what MVAB is all about. Our schedule for upcoming Board meetings is listed on this website calendar.
- Coaches or the Athletic Director may request funds at any time from the MVAB general fund to support durable equipment purchases, or other sports related items that are not funded by the District
- MVAB maintains adequate funds to support most requests. We request teams to contribute a portion of the purchase price to compliment the funds from MVAB
- Coaches work with the AD and their MVAB sport liaison to prepare requests and then present to the MVAB Board at an upcoming Board of Directors’ Meeting.
- Over the past years (2012-2017), MVAB has contributed almost $137,721 to teams for equipment purchases and Trainer expenses.
Past Examples of large contributions made by MVAB
Coaches’ honorariums are available to each team. MVAB is authorized to donate up to $1000 per sport for honorariums. These honorariums can be used to pay a season-long volunteer coach or a specialty coach (jump, hitting etc.). The honorarium comes out of each team’s MVAB membership distribution.
MVAB is proud to award scholarships each year to Senior, student-athletes who have demonstrated sustained commitment and performance in their sport(s) as well as in the classroom throughout their high school careers. In 2015, MVAB awarded $4000 in scholarship funds. The scholarship application process begins in the Spring season.
MVAB also sells MV spirit wear at football games and on campus in the Mat Shack on Friday’s at lunch. The Mat Shack now accepts credit card payments!
Our Annual MVAB golf tournament takes place each May at Deep Cliff Golf Course in Cupertino. In 2015, we raised $10K for MVHS sports. We want EVERY team to send a foursome so we have full representation from MVHS sports. This event is a celebration of Monta Vista athletics.
Coaches have the opportunity to sign their team up and work a home football game in the Snack Shack. Teams can earn $400 for their sport. Time commitment is about 5-6 hours; number of students/parents needed is ~25-30 total. Contact Marcia Kearns (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.